Anna-Maija Nyman is a Finnish pole performer & instructor based in Stockholm, Sweden. She is known as a dedicated dancer who works hard and lives and breathes for pole.
Anna-Maija came into pole dance by a happy accident in 2012. With a background of competitive cheerleading she fell immediately in love with the challenging combination of strength, flexibility, acrobatics and grace.
In 2013 Anna-Maija won her first competition and few months later she became the Swedish National Champion. This is when her ordinary life as a law student changed for good and she got carried away with traveling as a freelancer pole instructor and performer. Besides her part time job in finance Anna-Maija has taught or performed in closer to 20 countries and still counting.
The pole journey of Anna-Maija started as fitness-based training but through the years her style has grown into more artistic direction. For Anna-Maija pole is all about expression, creativity and freedom to explore different styles of movement. Her training regime includes also dance and beginner level figure skating classes.
- 5 x Swedish National Champion (2013, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019)
- POSA Open 2019 (Winner)
- PSO Austria 2019 (Winner)
- Pole Theatre Scandinavia 2018 (Overall Winner)
- POSA Nordic Championships 2018 (Winner)
- Las Vegas Pole Expo Classic 2017 (Winner)
- Pole Art Italy 2016 (Winner)
- IPC 2018 (finalist)
- POSA World Championships 2019 (finalist, 5th place)
- POSA World Championships 2018 (finalist, 4th place)
- Battle of the Pole 2018 (2nd place)
- Pole Dance Competition Denmark 2017 (Winner)
- Swiss Pole Art 2016 (2nd Place)
- Pole Art Spain 2015 (2nd place)
- PSO European Pole Championships 2014 (2nd place)
- Battle of The Pole 2013 (Amateur Winner)